Conveying feelings to your crush can sometimes be nerve-racking, but since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, bundle up your guts and try these bold yet magnetic ideas to express your love, Bollywood style.
Inspired by some of the most iconic scenes from various films, toothpaste brand Closeup is hosting a Cupid Games contest, which dares young Indians to be unapologetically bold in expressing their feelings towards their affectionate ones.
Here are some ‘dares’:
* The Big Surprise: Blindfold your crush or guide them to a breathtaking spot where you can break the news. The more elaborate your plan, the bolder your move. This is inspired by Ranbir Kapoor’s surprise for Deepika Padukone in “Bachna Ae Haseeno”, which leaves her stunned and amazed.
* The Remote Romance: Ask your crush out on a date, in public, for Valentine’s Day. Inspired by Aamir Khan’s proposal to Preity Zinta in a dance club in the film “Dil Chahta Hai”,Dil Chahta Hai that’s how a bold and impulsive proposal should be like.
* The Foodie Fiesta: It’s a common saying that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. However, that doesn’t mean women wouldn’t prefer the same. So try and treat your date with a delicious Valentine’s Day surprise by putting your culinary skills to test. Inspired by Aditya Roy Kapur’s sumptuous delights for Parineeti Chopra in “Daawat-E-Ishq.”
* The Radio Romeo: Make sure your beloved is tuned in when you call the radio jockey to ask your crush out live on air. This is inspired by Saif Ali Khan’s proposal to Preity Zinta in “Salaam Namaste”.
* The High Flier: Show them love is in the air with a Valentine’s Day invite attached to a flying object. Balloons, kites, drones — the choice is yours. Inspired by Rajkummar Rao’s attempts to flirt with Kangana Ranaut in the movie “Queen”.
* The Dance Dedication: Get a club’s disc jockey to dedicate a song to your crush. Then ask them out for Valentine’s Day in the middle of the dance floor by busting your moves to that tune. This is inspired by Hrithik Roshan’s rocking dance number in “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…”, in which he woos Kareena Kapoor through his dazzling dance moves in “You are my Sonia”.