This Valentine’s Day don’t forget to show yourself some love! In a world where beauty is held to such high standards every girl needs to remember to love themselves just the way they are. That’s why we love these beauty ads that teach the younger generation that girls come in all shapes, sizes and colors and we are all beautiful no matter what anyone tells you.
These ad’s encourage us to accept our differences and to always be the best version of us that we can be. Check out our top picks!
1. The brand, Always, started their #LikeAGirl campaign which made huge waves recently when it aired during the Super Bowl. The director Lauren Greenfield asked people to act out certain phrases like “run like a girl” and then just to act out “run” the difference shows how a girl’s self esteem plummets during puberty.
2. Cover Girl started their #GirlsCan movement with a commercial featuring inspiring women who all did something out of the ordinary including Ellen DeGeneres, Queen Latifa, Pink, Katy Perry, Janelle Monae and many more!
3. Pantene Philippines has a commercial that beautifully depicts how women and men in the same situation are perceived by society. Their goal was to let women know, don’t let labels hold you back!
4. Venus Gillette had the same idea and created a commercial that tells girls to be more than a label. The #UseYouAnd ad is true poetry! Check it out!
5. Dove created a mother and daughter inspired commercial where the mothers were told to describe themselves to an FBI sketch artists. Then the daughters were told to describe their mothers to the artist as he drew them. The results were surprising for the mothers as they never realized how beautiful they looked to their loving daughters. Truly a touching piece Dove’s #WeAreBeautiful campaign is one not to be missed!
6. Curly hair isn’t the easiest hair type to work with, especially as a child. Dove Hair created a sweet commercial interviewing girls with curly hair and then having the people they love most in their lives encourage them to love their hair. Keeping with their theme of real beauty and the #WeAreBeautiful campaign, Dove teaches you to always #LoveYouCurls!
Know an ad that we missed? Let us know! Post the link on our Facebook page or Tweet us!