With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, the below ‘ step by step’ guides might come in handy Or if you are looking to dress up ‘sexy’ for your date here are some great hair tips when you are on your date with your loved one! Whether you are looking for a vintage look, sophisticated hair do or effortless style, celebrity hairstylist Asgar shares his top tips to achieve glamorous hairstyles for Valentine’s Day.
Intimate Dinner For Two
· Vintage Curls & Vibrant Red Lips –
- If you want to pull out all the stops and surprise your man, then why not opt for vintage curls and extra volume?
- Use volume spray before drying your locks, then insert Velcro rollers working your way from the top of the head.
- Leave the rollers in for at least one hour.
- Make sure you brush out the curls with a comb and use plenty of hairspray for maximum hold. For a glamorous finish, use bright red lipstick, elegant eyeliner and thick mascara.
· The Sleek Side-Swept Quiff –
- The classic hairstyles for men have always been appreciated by women, especially when it comes to special occasions.
- Whether you choose to do the side parting, the side-swept quiff or slicked back hair, make sure you use a high-shine product for a polished appearance.
- Create a side parting and then dry your hair into the direction desired.
- When dry, use a styling cream, wax or wet look gel for a slicked look.
- For maximum hold you can also use a strong hairspray. This look is perfect to accompany a sharp suit!
Under The Stars
· Gorgeously Sleek and Smooth –
- If you’re simply taking a romantic walk in the park or spending a night under the stars with your loved one, an outdoor-friendly hairstyle such as smooth, sleek straight hair is ideal.
- Make sure you use a hair smoothing product or leave-in conditioner to prep your hair.
- If you would like to gain some volume, then a great tip is to flip your head upside down while blow drying to achieve a casual, yet sexy look.
- Tuck hair behind one ear for an effortless finish.
· The Dishevelled look
- This style can be worn successfully by all ages and hair types especially when it comes to a less formal occasion.
- It is important that you work a product into the hair before drying – this hairstyle is all about the texture.
- Dry with low speed and use your hands to push the hair in the direction you want to wear the style.
- You can always experiment and change directions even if you’ve already styled your hair, one of the huge benefits of this relaxed style.
Party in Style!
Sophisticated fishtail braid –
For those ladies who are thinking of partying the night away, why not experiment with a fishtail braid? Whether perfectly neat or purposely messy, the texture and seemingly complicated pattern of this cupid worthy style provide a refreshing visual twist. Divide your hair into two large sections down the middle. Weave from the left by taking a strand of hair from the left side and pull it over the top of the rest of the left section. Grasp it under the right section. Ultimately, you are pulling the strand over the left section and under the right section. Repeat the same steps when weaving from the right section until you reach the bottom of the braid. Tie the end with a ribbon that matches your outfit.
‘Great Gatsby’ look –
If you have a slightly longer hair and you want to match your significant other’s sexy hairstyle, Asgar suggests the Great Gatsby look. For smoother and silkier finish, your hair needs to be squeaky clean and properly conditioned. After drying it, you will need to get your hands on some hair styling products such as hair gel, wax or high-shine hair spray and then comb it into a far-left parting. You can also smooth a little moulding paste to keep you hair in place.
So ladies, if you are trying to look sexy for the night – here are some great tips to keep your hair up and fantastic during Valentines Day!