The trailer for the upcoming biopic on Swami Vivekananda is officially available now! This year (2013) marks the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda! To pay tribute to the legendary monk, Director Utpal Sinha is all set to bring a film titled ‘The Light: Swami Vivekananda’ that takes the audience on a journey of transition of young Narendra Nath Datta to world renowned monk Swami Vivekananda.
To start the campaign for the film slated to release on 23rd August, the makers have organized a special screening for Gujarat’s Chief Minister Hon Shri. Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad on 6th Aug.
Our source told us that:
“Mr. Modi has often spoken about the influence of Swami Vivekananda and his ideologies in his life. He has also been associated with Swami Vivekananda’s Ramkrishna Mission in many ways. In recent past one has seen him participating in various Yuva sammelans and Yatras organized by the missionaries on regular basis and hence it does not come as a surprise that he has agreed to come for a special screening.”
Says producer J. Misra,
“Swami Vivekananda’s influence in Mr. Modi’s life can be clearly seen through his communications. We thought why not request Mr. Modi’s office and see if we can get him to come and see the film. To our surprise he readily agreed to take out time from his busy schedule and not only did he agree to come himself but also invited his entire team to come and see the life of Swamiji through the film. We couldn’t have asked for a better start for sure. We are grateful to Mr. Modi for this gesture.”
Produced by TriColour Productions Pvt Ltd., the film has Deep Bhattacharya playing Swami Vivekananda who is making his debut and was finalized after auditioning many faces across India.
The film has compositions of Valmiki, Tulsidas, Surdas and Rabindranath Tagore, while the songs have been sung by Suresh Wadkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Javed Ali among others.
- Deep Bhattacharya as Swami Vivekananda
- Gargi Roy Choudhury as Sarada Devi
- Premankur Chattopadhyay as Ramakrishna
- Courtney Stephens as Sister Nivedita
- Biswajit Chakraborty as Vishwanath Datta (Vivekananda’s father)
- Piyali Mitra as Bhuvaneswari Devi (Vivekananda’s mother)
- Archita Sahu as Moina Bai
- Sayak Chakraborty (Bile)
- Directed by: Utpal (Tutu) Sinha
- Screenplay by: J. Misra, Ashok Ranjan Chakraborty
- Music by: Dr. Haricharan Verma
- Cinematography: Utpal (Tutu) Sinha
- Editing by: Sanjib Dutta
- Studio: Tricolour productions private limited