Allium Sativum also known as Garlic is a bulb crop, which belongs to the Alliaceae family – onion, leeks, shallots, and chives. Garlic has been known for years for its amazing medicinal properties and culinary usage.
- Improves blood circulation
- Allicin, an active component in Garlic, is a sulfur compound is known to be a powerful antibiotic
- Reduces cholesterol
- It helps platelet aggregation; reduces blood coagulation
- Increases bile production, which in turn reduces the level of fat in liver
- Contains powerful compounds; Diallyl sulphide, allin, ajoene to fight cancer cells.
- Good source of selenium, manganese, Vitamin C, which helps to maintain a healthy immune system
- It is a great cure for cold, coughs, sore throats, herpes, weight control and cures asthma
- The mouth odor after chewing some Garlic can be a bit too much to handle. Lemon juice combined with the consumption of Garlic can reduce it.
- Garlic is absorbed by the body quickly and can also be released through the skin.
- Good part- such a sweat can keep the mosquitoes away.
- Excess amount can cause indigestion and heart burn
- Take a few pieces of garlic and mix it with lime juice and spices and use it as a dressing.
- Extract Garlic juice and mix it with almond oil and apply it on your face to reduce acne or use it as a cleanser.
- Soaking your feet in warm water with a few Garlic pieces cures athletes foot.
- Garlic pieces cut and wrapped with a tampon applicator is known to cure yeast infections.
- Consuming Garlic juice or chewing on a few pieces of Garlic can kill parasites in the digestive tract.
- The smell may not turn you on, but it is known to increase blood circulation and act as a great aphrodisiac for men.
Stick to Garlic and avoid being sick.