Being from the South, the weather here gets a bit too hyped especially when it comes to snow. This afternoon in the Carolina’s we had a couple flurries, and the news channels are telling us to send in our ‘flurry pics’. WHAT?! But it’s true, we’re that kind of side of state where we shut down over a couple inches of snow…while up north they just hysterically laugh at us.
I have spent plenty of snowed-in days with almost nothing to do, so my best resort has always been Netflix! I am going to share with you a few of my Netflix favorites especially when you will be snowed in this winter.
1. I’m going to start with the best TV Show yet, Breaking Bad! I think I saw this one three years back and finished all 5 seasons in about two weeks. It’s just SO good! If you have yet to not watch this absurd crime drama show, you are missing out on a lot.
2. Another TV Show favorite, which is especially perfect for a snowed in day is Friends! I am sure we’ve all seen this one, but one cannot get enough of Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey, and Phoebe! They’ll have you entertained on that boring snowed in day.
3. For the dog lovers, Lassie. This evergreen classic is one of my all time favorites. This is also a great film if you have kids and need something more family oriented to watch!
4. Need a good romance-destination film to watch? The understated-romance Indie-film, Cairo Time is a particular favorite of mine. The twisted love-story set in Cairo, Egypt is a beautiful story of two people who meet without encountering they may end up falling in love. Why I love it so much is because a concept like ‘love’ should not be complicating, and they make it seem like the most un-complicating thing ever.
5. For the comical-cooks! Chef! Here’s a film that is funny, emotional, dramatic, and a bit of foodie-wanderlust too.
6. Okay, I know the Bollywood lovers are waiting! If I had to choose from the limited selection we’re given, I’d have to choose Taal. This forever romantic-dance-drama film is my ALL time favorite! It’s pure, simple, and beautiful.
7. And for number two on the list, I’d have to choose Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. A quirky-comical take on a ‘better’ DDLJ in my eyes.
8. The third Hindi film I’d have to choose is Rang De Basanti. A bit of desh-bakhti infused with a comical touch, plus Aamir Khan. What else can one ask for?
9. A strange pick, and possibly surprising…but Masterpiece Classic: The Diary of Anne Frank is a particular favorite of mine. I watched this one on the big-screen and in school. The perception of Ann Frank of how her and her family hid during the Nazi time of World War II is a fascinating subject for me.
10. And lastly, Django! This ones got some language, so don’t watch with the kids. But it’s hilarious and a full piece of action. What more could one ask for on silver-screen, Leonardo and Jamie Fox!
Which is your favorite Netflix movie to watch, especially on the snowed-in days! Tweet @UrbanAsian and let us know!