Alia Bhatt and Shahid Kapoor’s Shaandaar was expected to be truly Shaandaar but the film didn’t live up to the hype. There were a lot of fun moments and of course the chemistry between Alia and Shahid was fierce, but it wasn’t enough to save the film. The storyline had a lot of potholes that make no sense so here’s our list of top 5 WTF moments from this crazy film!
1. In the film Alia Bhatt’s family is bankrupt so Sanah Kapoor must marry into another wealthy family to seal a business deal that will get the family back on its feet. My question is, if the family is bankrupt who is paying for this Shaandaar wedding that is being organized? It’s in a palace!
2. In the film both families at the wedding accidentally get high at one point, WTF? I don’t think this needs any further explanation.
3. WTF was up with the panty scene? After getting caught by Shahid while skinny dipping in the pond, Alia spends the night talking to Shahid. The next morning he has a panty served to her for breakfast at the dining table. Was that hers? What were they saying in sign language? That scenes was just a confusing mess!
4. Alia Bhatt’s bikini scene was completely over-sold. That first time insomniac Alia falls asleep she dreams she is at the beach, so naturally she stips down to her bikini. Then she pushes what looks like her grandmother into the water and send Shahid running after grandma. WTF? What was the purpose of this dream? Only Vikas Bahl knows.
5. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum aka Alia Bhatt’s twin cousins in the film were completely atrocious. These two were a whole new species that has me worried as to how Vikas Bahl see’s the new generation. We are seriously not this bizarre! The twins dress in matching fashionable outfits, at times inspired by Lady Gaga, speak in SMS lingo, can’t complete a sentence without each other, and can only survive if they’re attached to their phones. They even get excited about the fact that they are pregnant by the same guy, their tutor!
Although a lot of things didn’t make sense in this film and there was a whole lot of excessive fluff, it was still pretty funny. The film was definitely gorgeous to watch, from the fashion, to exquisite decor, to the stunning landscape. The film will definitely be one to inspire everyone to have that shaandaar wedding of their dreams!
Keep it locked for more updates on all things Bollywood!