Think theatre is over-rated? These actors certainly didn’t think so. Here are a few icons you’ll probably recognize who started off by experiencing the Magic of Theatre. A list compiled with the help of Ashwin Gidwani Productions, will let you in on a few known and not so well known facts. Let’s start off closer to home with Bollywood.
1) Rajpal Yadav – He acted in theatre, realized he was incredibly funny and then made movies to enthrall the world.
2) Naseeruddin Shah – The gruff look and piercing stare have almost become iconic with this man.
3) Shabana Azmi – An Indian actress who typifies the intense modern theatre performer.
4) Om Puri – Indian cinema’s iconic grand old man, he’s worked for over three decades across the entire theatre world.
5) Irrfan Khan – Piercing eyes, a little madness and immense swagger; here’s a man who just cannot give a bad performance.