Good Pitch2 India has announced the six documentary films that will be presented at the inaugural event on February 4, 2014 in Mumbai.
Good Pitch has brought together documentary filmmakers with foundations, NGOs, campaigners, philanthropists, policy makers, brands and media around leading social and environmental issues to forge coalitions and campaigns that give back to society. In the eight years since Good Pitch was started, 2,100 organizations from 30 countries have attended events. More than $11 million has been raised and more than 70 campaigns launched to support the films. Each film deals with issues of huge importance in India, such as justice, the security of women, and access to health and education. Check out the official list of films below:
- Border within Border directed by Debanjan Sengupta and Subhdeep Ghosh (India)
- Fireflies in the Abyss directed by Chandrasekhar Reddy (India)
- We the People directed by Soniya Kirpalani (UAE/India)
- Love Commandos directed by Miriam Lyons (UK)
- Rooting for Roona directed by Pavita Chalam (India)
- Driving with Selvi directed by Elisa Paloschi (Canada)
Good Pitch2 India is a satellite event organized by the Indian Documentary Foundation. It is partnered with Films Division, The Government of India, Kerala State Chalchitra Academy supported by BRITDOC Foundation and Arambhan Group. It is a project of the BRITDOC Foundation in partnership with The Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program, supported by the Ford Foundation.
For more updates make sure you visit the Good Pitch India website.
As always, keep it locked on UrbanAsian for the latest in music, movies, fashion and more!