Hello folks! Last week I explained why keeping your gut clean was important; not just to have a flat belly but to have a clear mind, cancer- free colon , better skin and the list is never ending.
Today, I shall walk you through a home cleansing process. Most of you would have heard of an enema. I know some of you think it’s totally unwanted, some of you think it’s gross. But remember having junk sticking to your colon and carrying it everywhere with you isn’t cool either. So, let’s kickstart this process.
- Enema is not a painful process
- You may feel drained out or nauseated after, because of the cleanse- It’s natural
- You may not be able to hold water for more than a minute, which is ok .
- You may feel cranky or go to the other extreme of feeling awesome- Depends on how clean you have been eating before.
- Your cleansing result is totally proportional to what you have been eating – you may find just clean greens to tape worms to old junk. At any given point- no need to freak out!
- Be patient, relax and stay positive.
WHAT DO YOU NEED
- An enema kit – you get it in all health stores or pharmacies like CVS.
- A towel
- Coconut oil or Jojoba oil for lubrication
- A nice warm enviroment
- Get some music, if that helps you relax
- Distilled warm water ( not too warm- your colon is sensitive)
- A probiotic
WHAT DO YOU DO
- Warm up 2-3 cups of water and transfer it to the hot bag.
- Connect it to the tube and apply oil to the nozzle end of the tube.
- Hang the hot bag not above 2 feet up.
- Lie down on your left side and insert the nozzle end in your behind and slowly release the clutch on the tube.
- water would release slowly, and you will feel funny the first time.
- Once the bag is empty, try to hold the water and you can lie down on your back or on your right side or even do a headstand- Whatever you are comfortable doing.If you feel an urge to release ,then go ahead and do it.
- Repeat process for 30-40 minutes
- Your stomach may be bloated, so wait out for an hour before you head out as you may have some more to release.
- Squatting position helps release water which has gone deep inside.
- Drink lots of water/coconut water and take a probiotic to replace lost bacteria.
- Depending on your goal, you can do enema once a week or once a month or once every few months.
Your colon is 25 feet long.It has the capacity to hold junk from 7-25 lbs. It does not matter if you are skinny or fat, have a fat belly or a six pack. You never know what Mr.Mysterious colon holds .
Clean inside & out.