Happy Diwali!!! Yes.. the festival of lights is here. To me it’s a little more than that- one gets to buy new clothes, take oil baths, eat a bunch of sweets, and watch crazy yet hilarious movies amidst all the crackers smoking up around you. I am a great fan of festivals! The main reasons being people get to take some days off from work, spend time with their loved ones- socialize and enjoy the good times, and of course, I get to make a raw version of Indian Burfi.
RAW BURFI RECIPE
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 2 cups Almond meal / crushed sprouted Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp ground Cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Sage honey
- 1/2 cup Hemp seeds
- Black tea
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa and cashews (optional)
WHAT DO YOU DO?
- Sprout almonds for 1-2 days. Then remove the skin and and blend it until it becomes a coarse mixture.
- Take some water and boil black tea leaves for 3-4 minutes and let it soak for 5 minutes and use a strainer to extract the tea.
- Take a glass container and put all the above ingredients in it and keep adding small teaspoons of black tea as you keep mixing the yummy ingredients.
- Create a flat layer on the glass container and top it with Pistachio pieces and leave it in the freezer.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy with your favorite cup of tea / Chai.
Even sweets can be nutritious. Think before you eat at every ocassion.