There are some artists whom you know have that magic “it” factor to catapult them to the top of the charts. Mr. Bolly, is one such artist. There is something to be said for his confidence in himself and his music. Although his name is “Mr. Bolly“, his focus is not just on Indian/desi beats. Instead, in true Mr. Bolly signature style, he is able to seamlessly mix desi beats with a contemporary western sound.
A few days ago, I had a chance to talk to Mr. Bolly about his musical journey. The questions that I asked have been listed for you below, and Mr. Bolly’s answers are included in the audio clip. The clip will mention the question number before he answers, so just find the number in the list below!
[mp3j track = “Bolly-UrbanAsian-interview.mp3”]
- First, how did you come up with the name “Mr. Bolly”? Is he your superhero avatar?
- What do you see as being the most unique feature of the “BollyHood” movement? Also, can you explain for our readers how you define “BollyHood”?
- Your style of music (rap, hip-hop, and punjabi beats) seems to transcend beyond just Indian music. Do you think the west is ready for our artists and sounds to take over the mainstream airways?
- What was the best moment of your musical journey so far?
- Who have been some of the artists that have inspired you to enter the world of music?
- You shot to fame in 1999 with the jazz-based tribute to John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix titled, “Peace.” However, your sound now is more hip-hop based. Will we see another jazz song in future albums?
- Which artists would you love to collaborate with?
- What does 2012 have in store for “Mr. Bolly”? Any albums or singles your fans should be looking forward to?
- Any other message for your fans?
Keep it locked to UrbanAsian.com for all the details on artists like Mr. Bolly!