Theme parks have come a long way since they first started, having evolved from the pleasure gardens and country fairs of Europe. Today, these places attract more than the locals in places where they are located and have become popular destinations for people from across the globe.
In the Middle East, people flock to three world-famous theme parks in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) capital.
The Yas theme parks – Ferrari World, Warner Brothers World, and Yas Waterworld – located in Yas Island cater to more and more guests every year.
Planning to go to one of these UAE amusement parks soon? Keep in mind these six insider tips to make your trip more pleasurable:
Know the best rides and attractions.
Among the primary reasons behind the popularity of the Yas theme parks are the internationally acclaimed rides and attractions they house.
If you wish to make the most out of your trip, you need to go through more than 100 rides, slides, and other things to do in Abu Dhabi theme parks and decide which ones suit you best.
Need help? Below are some of the Yas theme park rides and attractions that tourists and travel experts recommend:
Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
As a waterpark, Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi houses plenty of exciting water-based experiences, such as the following:
- Bubbles Barrel: Perfect for surfing enthusiasts, this attraction features the largest surfing sheet wave on the planet. Here, serious surfers and thrill-seekers can ride advanced-level waves and aggressive swirling water to their heart’s content.
- Underwater VR Experience: The first of its kind in the UAE, this experience offers guests the rare opportunity to dive into the majestic world of virtual reality. This attraction lets you embark on a one-of-a-kind full-body sensory experience, drifting in the ocean or getting up close and personal with seals.
- Falcons Falaj: This massive six-seater doughnut ride offers guests the chance to overcome an extreme watercourse, made even more exciting by extreme turns, wild rapids, and swift drops.
Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Home to all things Warner Bros.-related, this amusement park caters to guests of all ages.
A trip to Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi triggers nostalgia like you’ve never experienced before, especially when you’re face-to-face with some of the world-famous characters you’ve known since childhood. Below are some of the highlights you wouldn’t want to miss at the Parl:
- Gotham – Here, you’ll find not just The Dark Knight in the Batman: Knight Flight but also some of his arch-nemeses, including The Joker in his Funhouse of Evil and The Riddler in The Riddler Revolution attraction.
- Dynamite Gulch – This area based on the desert canyon featured in The Road Runner Show houses the Fast and Furry-ous, a surprisingly grown-up ride right at the heart of the park’s kiddie section. The ride lets riders experience the thrill of the chase on Wile E. Coyote’s infamous Acme rocket.
- Cartoon Junction – This land is dedicated to some of the familiar characters of your childhood: The Looney Toons. One highlight you wouldn’t want your kids to miss is Tweety Wild Wockets, an aerial carousel where the little ones experience what it’s like to be in Tweety’s shoes as he avoids that big ol’ puddy tat, Sylvester.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has established itself as a world-record center, housing both the fastest and tallest roller coasters in the world: Formula Rossa and Flying Aces.
Of course, if you’re visiting with kids, you should also consider the more family-friendly rides in the park, including:
- Flying Wings – The tamer version of Flying Aces, this attraction lets riders experience being the captain of their own flights. They can control gliders’ movement and soar through the park on an exhilarating ride.
- Formula Rossa Junior – This smaller version of Formula Rossa lets kids feel the excitement of riding the fastest roller coaster on the planet (at a safe, child-level speed, of course).
Aside from roller coasters and other usual amusement park rides, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi lets guests have the unique experience of driving or riding a Ferrari. The Passenger and Driving Experiences come with expert assistance from Ferrari-trained instructions as you ride around Yas Island.
Book your tickets online.
Before your trip, make sure you book tickets online. Besides being convenient, this can also help you save, especially if you’re going with a group.
Take note that you can also buy UAE water park tickets and pay for amusement park general admission right at their respective gates, but that may cost more than buying online.
You can also purchase tickets for all three parks with Yas Island’s Three-Day, Three-Park package. This includes entry access to each park for different days and a free Yas Express shuttle service.
Take note of re-entry policies and attraction updates.
Warner Bros. World doesn’t allow park re-entry, even on the same day, so make sure you plan your travel itinerary with that in mind.
If you purchase the Three-Day, Three-Park ticket, then you’ll be able to enter one park per day as scheduled.
Moreover, some rides and attractions remain closed or have irregular operating schedules as of this writing. To help manage your expectations for the trip, be sure to check the park’s opening hours and update pages.
Consider the best timing for your trip.
For Warner Bros. World, you can visit any time of the year since the place is indoors, but make sure you verify the park’s current operating hours first.
Yas Waterpark and Ferrari World have some outdoor areas, so it may be better to schedule your trip around the cooler months (October to March) in UAE.
Find the best deals for you.
If you’re staying overnight (or several days), consider hotel-plus-theme-park package deals featured on the website to save more. You can also register for annual passes to get discounts on food and merchandise.
Again, consider the Three-Day, Three-Park package if you plan to visit all three amusement parks on your trip.
Always read the theme park safety policies.
To maintain guest safety and order in the different Yas Island theme parks, make sure you:
- Stay in your queue. Never jump ahead of the line.
- Follow UAE dress code. Keep your attire modest.
- Maintain family-friendly behavior.
- Make sure not to bring outside foods and drinks, except those that are medically necessary.
- Ask about the Park entry terms to avoid inconvenience.
To get the information you need, it’s best to browse the official website dedicated to the Park you want to visit and FAQs page to know more.
The Best of Yas Theme Parks
Whether you get the best experience in Yas theme parks depends on how prepared you are for the trip.
Plan your visit thoroughly, and don’t forget to read updates on the parks’ official websites to make sure the information you have is updated.