COVID-19 has placed all of us in a tight spot. It made us realized how important freedom is. Our current situation has brought awareness that we cannot control everything, no matter how much we want to. As we become prisoners of our own homes, we understand how travel is essential not only for our mental health but more so for our relationship with our partners.
We’ve missed out on date nights, we’ve missed out on having fancy dinners on our favorite restaurants, we’ve missed out movie nights, and we’ve missed out travel. There are a lot of things we weren’t able to do with our loved ones because of this pandemic. Hence, it is understandable that many couples will go out on a date right after the pandemic is over.
But where is the best place to go? A lot will surely visit the States. Though it isn’t the City of Love as Paris is, there are still a lot of beautiful and romantic places all across the United States of America that couples can visit… safely.
- Santa Catalina Island, California. Santa Catalina Island is the Island of Romance from the song, 26 Miles Across the Sea. Couples can rent a golf cart to explore the island. You can go on a picnic at the Wrigley Memorial & Botanic Garden, which has the most beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean. Moreover, Santa Catalina is an excellent place for snorkeling, and they also provide a boat tour with a glass bottom so that you can enjoy the beauty of what’s in the waters.
- Amelia Island, Florida. Measuring for 13 miles long, Amelia Island is full of historical adventures and un-interrupted beaches. You can enjoy accommodation from beautiful and exclusive resorts across the island. With a laid-back ambiance, Amelia Island is home to posh spas and unique boutiques for those couples who love the extravagance of life. For the adventurers, you can take your partner to enjoy nature while kayaking or horseback riding along the beach. You can also take a romantic stroll at the cobblestoned streets in Fernandina Beach. Truly, this is impressive and a very romantic place to enjoy with your loved ones.
- Napa Valley, California. Napa Valley surely belongs to this list of the most romantic places you should visit in the US! For wine and food lovers, there is no better way to start the day right with a champagne breakfast. You may even get a chance to visit one of the oldest wineries in Napa Valley, where candles lit cave tunnels for a more romantic vibe! Activities such as riding on hot air balloons and taking your beloved on one of the private tours are also definitely romantic, and a good way to even pop that “Will you marry me?” question.
- Boston, Massachusetts. Given how old and underrated the city of Boston is, many people think that there’s nothing much going on in the city. However, these odd attributes are actually the ones that make Boston a beautiful and romantic place for couples. Rich with historical buildings and fancy theaters, this city is a good place for couples to enjoy a romantic get-away. You can take pleasure in immersing the beauty of Boston while watching from the Skywalk Observatory; you may visit the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, or even indulge yourselves with Boston’s famous oysters for a mere $1.
Before we proceed any further on our list of the most romantic places you can visit in the US, foreign nationals who are planning to come and visit once the travel restrictions end must know about the details of the Visa application process after the pandemic. For tourists with ESTA travel authorization, some changes may apply regarding the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). ESTA is an automated system that allows eligible nationals to travel to the US under the VWP. It is important to note that ESTA is not a VISA. The primary purpose of ESTA is for the US Department of Homeland Security to pre-screen all travelers under the VWP before they leave their respective countries to visit the US. You can instantly process your ESTA application online. It is very convenient and efficient since it can be approved instantly after a few minutes from submission. However, some unique cases take up to 72 hours. This usually happens when the US Customs and Border Protection is updating your details. However, once all is well, and your application has been approved, you will be notified through email.
When applying for an ESTA, make sure that you have a valid electronic passport that has a machine-readable section on your biographic page. You can also use ESTA only if your visit to the country is for less than 90 days. Moreover, your safety comes first for us. Hence, before you decide on these places on our list, we advise you to check the US COVID-19 Live map for a real-time update on the status of the pandemic in America.
- Fort Worth, Texas. Fall in love all over again at Fort Worth, Texas, with your partner. Take a stroll inside the Japanese Gardens in the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, or enjoy the night walking through the lights and fountains of Sundance Square, where most marriage proposals in Fort Worth happen! You can also enjoy a passionate drive-in movie at Coyote Drive-In for that romantic feels, or perhaps take it more casually by enrolling in a painting or cooking class together.
- Saratoga, Wyoming. Wyoming is known as the least populated state in the US, making it a perfect place for couples who want to relax in the quiet bliss of nature, away from the hassles and bustles of city life. You can go on boat tours or enjoy scenic plane/helicopter rides to view the beauty of Saratoga with your partner. Horses lovers will also love to enjoy Saratoga as they provide horseback riding (which is a romantic activity that you can enjoy together), as well as watching racing games every March to December.
- Grand Canyon, Arizona. The beautiful Grand Canyon in Arizona is a scenic and iconic place to visit for couples. Watching the sunrise or the sunset in Grand Canyon while cuddling up with the one you love is one of the simplest and most romantic things to do. Moreover, couples who love hiking and adventures will genuinely enjoy the natural beauty as well as the activities that they can do at Grand Canyon.