If you have put in your time and effort to create something, it belongs to you. With the highly advanced internet age, unauthorized access of owned objects has become a problem. There are copyrights to prevent infringement but one has to be alert at the right time. We can consider the example of pictures to gain more information about this point.
Professional photographers work very hard
It is not easy to be a successful professional photographer. Apart from being good at using the camera, you need to have the best creative skills. Simply clicking a good snapshot does not mean that the job has been completed. State of the art editing tools are used to refine the image and edit it according to expectations. After putting in so much effort, if people access an illegitimate website to download the same image you own, the situation can be very frustrating. The only way to prevent this situation is stopping the misuse of your images. The concept of reverse image search is tailor made for this situation. Through this concept, you can determine all the websites / online platforms on which a particular image is present. If you perform this search for an image you own and several websites are listed, it means that the image has been used without your permission.
Top three reverse image search tools
Getting the best results depends on the standard of tools being used. The best three reverse image search tools to prevent image plagiarism are listed below.
- Softo.org – Reverse Image Search
This tool offers the perfect blend of options that users look for. It is free and no usage limitations are applied on the user. In other words, multiple reverse image searches can be performed without any difficulty. Another plus point is the user interface which this tool has. No technical skills are required to use it. It has a simple set of steps and the occurrences of the image are shown when you complete them.
- Uploading the image through URL or as a file
This tool offers two uploading alternatives to the user. If you have the URL of the image, paste it in the provided text box. Along with that, the image can also be uploaded as a file if it is saved in the system memory. Once the uploading has been done, click the “search images” button. After that you would see the list of image occurrences. Image owners can see whether a picture they own has been plagiarized or not.
- Quick output generation
Some tools take a lot of time to produce the output. However, this reverse image search is quick and produces results instantly.
- Prepostseo – Photo Lookup
This is a free but highly reliable reverse image search tool. It extracts all the occurrences of the image. Image owners can end up in a problematic situation if a picture they own has been reused without consent. Hence, they need to know about all websites on which the picture has been uploaded. As this tool lists down all the websites for a searched image, they do not have to worry about anything.
- No complicated steps have to be completed by the user when they are using this tool. You only have to provide the URL of the image or upload it by searching the appropriate file. After that, the tool would display the domains on which that particular image or similar snapshots have been uploaded.
- This reverse image search tool is a good alternative for image owners as well as standard users. As a user, you should download an image from the original source only. This is a strong way to prevent image plagiarism. by using reverse image search, you can reach the original source. This helps in giving due credit to the actual owner for the hard work put in.
No complexity involved
Every user prefers easy tools so that he does not have to search around for options. When you are dealing with complicated tools, time is wasted unnecessarily to understand them. This reverse image search tool is very easy and does not comprise of complicated options. Apart from uploading the image, the user does not have to worry about anything else. A high percentage of tools present online for reverse image search are not completely reliable. Either they do not display all image appearances or go into a “not responding” mode while generating the results. Both these scenarios create inconveniences for the user.
- Google Lens – Search by Image
This is a quality tool to perform reverse image search and filter the original source. Image owners suffer a lot and their hard work goes to waste when a picture they create gets reused illegitimately. This is what counterfeiters do when an image us uploaded. They download it and upload it on scam websites. In an overall manner, with this unprofessional practice, the image loses its credibility and authenticity. This problem is entertained properly through Google Lens reverse image search.
- This tool can be used with Google photo apps and Google assistant as well. How can you use this tool? Simply search for the image and open it in a new tab. After that download it and perform a search through Google lens. The output would comprise of all websites on which the image is available. Image reuse is only possible if the owner has permitted it. Hence, if you witness that that the image is uploaded without your permission, related legal actions can be adopted.
Image plagiarism is a negative act and harms owners who produce quality snapshots after thorough hard work. With high standard reverse image search tools, this problem can easily be combated. These tools help in determining the websites on which an image has been uploaded. Along with that, they also help image searchers who are seeking snapshots with the best resolution. The finest image quality can only be attained if it is downloaded from the original source. Reverse image tools help in locating the actual source of the picture.