By: Naomi Shaw
If you’ve been hovering around the edge of the online dating scene trying to decide whether to dip a toe in or not, listen up. The competition for dating apps is massive. Competition produces better quality products in order to rise above the fray. The time is now to set up your profile and cast a wide net.
Online dating can be a lot of fun. If you’re lucky, that fun might turn out to be the one. You’ll never know unless you give it a try.
Still on the fence? Here are five reasons to get yours over the hump.
- Online dating opens up a wider pool of possibilities. Dating online opens the playing field to a wider range of people who you’ll likely not meet during your normal course of life. Geographic limitations are no longer an issue. Whether Romeo is across town or on the other side of the world, attractions can bloom where they would otherwise lay dormant.
- Online dating is more efficient. Save time, money, and energy by weeding out undesirables. Checking for compatibility beyond the physical attraction is a key component in establishing a meaningful relationship. If a potential date carries too many strikes in your must-have categories, move on to those who present a better fit. Time is a precious resource. No need to spend it with those who obviously don’t fit the bill.
- Online dating removes the awkward introductions. When you find a mutual match through an online dating service, there’s no need to fear the initial rejection. You both have expressed interest and you’ve had a chance to review each other’s profile so you don’t start the connection as strangers. Having more information about your potential date should ease the tension common in meeting someone new for the first time.
- Online dating lets you block the crazies. Let’s be real. The world is full of folks who you’d rather just avoid. If an individual doesn’t appear to be operating in the same realm of sanity, it would be best to cut ties online before that person has your email address, phone number, or worst – your actual address. Skip right past any potential problem people and make connections with those with whom you have the most in common.
- Online dating is fun. It’s fun to create potential matches and meet new people in a relaxed atmosphere. You can strike up healthy conversations and feel a potential date out before making plans to meet in person. Developing a number of quality friendships is also a healthy way to have fun and try new things outside of your regular routine. Don’t take yourself or the relationships you develop too seriously. Enjoy the new connections and have fun with the people who cross your online dating path.
What do you have to lose? Online dating apps exist in many forms for people with all types of dating and relationship expectations. Research the app that best meets your stage in life, set up your profile, and be open to where the experience leads.