February is one of the most romantic months with Valentine’s Day in it, so it’s no surprise the King of Romance in Bollywood – Shahrukh Khan – had a movie release during this time. His hit, My Name is Khan released 6 years ago… and in case you were wondering, yes, his name is still Khan! Jokes aside, even though My Name is Khan paired Shahrukh Khan opposite Kajol again (she played his wife) and it was a romantic film, it dealt with a more serious topic – the treatment of Muslims post-9/11. The most memorable dialogue, of course, is Shahrukh saying, “My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist.” Shahrukh’s portrayal of Rizwan Khan, who suffers from Asperger’s Syndrome, is considered to be one of his best. It was a character Shahrukh had never attempted before, and he proved to critics that he can handle it. Since today (February 12, 2016) marks 6 years since the film released, check out my list of 6 reason why we still love My Name is Khan!
(6) The production value was amazing. Not surprising since the film was the most expensive Bollywood film of 2010.
(5) Shahrukh and Kajol. On screen. Together. Need I say more?
(4) The movie celebrated love between two people and taught love truly gives one strength!
(3) The film focused on the importance of tolerance. Something our society needs a reminder of.
(2) The film had an amazing soundtrack. “Tere Naina” is still a popular song for couples dances.
(1) Shahrukh Khan proved to critics he can handle complicated characters!