2015 was undoubtedly Kangana’s year. With ruling the box office with TWMR to becoming the highest paid actress, Kangana saw it all this year. Kangana broke a few long standing norms of Bollywood in 2015. Here’s looking at the different norms that the queen broke this year and gave a new definition to women’s position in Bollywood.
– With total collection of more than 300 cr. Kangana’s TWMR become the first and only female centric film till date to cross that Mark. That’s not it, after Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bahijaan, it’s Kanagana’s TWMR with the highest collections this year.
Kangana’s double role in TWMR was regarded as the best double role ever in the history of Bollywood by the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khana, Ranbir Kapoor etc.
– After giving what can be easily called the performance of the year with TWMR, Kangana became the highest paid actress commanding a staggering fees of 11 cr for one of her upcoming projects.
– Kangana was also invited to speak at the most prestigious Women in the World summit. This was the first time when an Indian actress was invited to speak at this platform.
– Kangna went for the Paris fashion week to attend the Dior show. While quite a few actresses have attempted the show in the past few years, Kangana was the first Indian actress to be invited for the front row and was dressed exclusively by the Dior couture.
– Post the super successful run of TWMR at the box office, Kangana went on to signing 6 big brands in just 6 months…no other actress at any given point has been able to sign so many brands back to back in such a short period of time.
– She also topped the pole on the biggest international fashion website Red carpets Events.com. when she went for the premiere of Queen to Paris. This was the very first of a Bollywood actress to top a fashion poll on this website.
With so many firsts…Kangana truly ruled the year 2015 Queen style!