Navratri/Garba is here and well many are loving the colors, the dresses and even spending times seeing loved ones and the most important thing of all ‘Praying’ and doing Pooja!
Now don’t worry we aren’t here to lecture you on what to wear and how to wear it and how to pray! We promise! Designer Ritu Seksaria wanted to give you some tips on how to dress and how to look in-style for Garba this year!
- Who says it’s necessary to wear a traditional chaniya choli on a dandiya night. It’s always good to put your own personal style and make your outfit look edgy.
- Go for an Indo-western look. Add western elements to your traditional lehenga choli. For eg, team up your lehenga with a crop top for an edgy look.
- Instead of opting for the traditional mirror work lehenga choli, go for pearls, swarovskis and colored stones. Create a style statement by pairing it up with tie dye, bandhani or a leheriya dupatta in a contrast color.
- The best way to make your outfit look complete is by accessorizing it the right way. If your outfit is plain and simple, wear a chunky necklace to glam up your look. A stack of colorful bangles and a fun potli bag is a perfect way to bring you under the limelight.
- As for men’s fashion, a traditional kurta pyjama is not enough. Invest in a good waist coat that goes over the kurta to make it look more classy. A jodhpuri pant or dhoti with kurta in subtle colors like deep blue, shades of red is very trendy and is sure to make you look super stylish.
DURGA PUJA STYLE
- For morning pujas, go for anarkalis in vibrant colors like bright reds and pinks that reflect the festive mood.
- The most opted sarees by women during Durga Puja are in kanjeevaram and chanderi sarees in the combination of red and white. But half and half, georgette and net sarees are in trend now.
- Parties and informal meetings are very common during Durga Puja. Printed sarees are the perfect get up for this occasion.
- Put away the labeled colors of the season and experiment with black and silver touches for evening parties and get-togethers.
- As for men’s fashion, they can try different necklines and collar cuts in kurtas along with some indo-western waist coats, instead of opting for the regular white kurta kurta pyjamas.
Voila! Some amazing tips to use for this years Navratri and Durga Puja!