We’ve been seeing snippets of the upcoming Rohit Shetty film, Dilwale and the most exciting part of this film is that Shahrukh and Kajol are returning back on the big screen after 5 years!
So this is a big year for SRK! As today he celebrates twenty-three years in b-town! I Have selected 23 films out of the many he has completed till this date and share with you some of my favorite scenes, songs or moments from each film!
1. If we go back at the beginning of Shahrukh’s film career, when he first started up, he had some pretty ‘crazy’ roles. In his 1993 film, Darr he played an obsessive-romantic! Now looking back at this role of his, we see how good of an actor he has been since day one.
2. His intense crime-thriller-type films continued with Baazigar in the same year. This was also the first film we saw our favorite duo on-screen, Shahrukh-Kajol!
3. Karan Arjun the famous film of the two Khan’s which in some ways lives up to it’s expectations today! Our audience is constantly trying to unite the two past co-stars in real life too! But if they are to re-unite, they must do it old-school, like in this famous unforgettable scene!
4. We all call Shahrukh the King of Romance, but the person who is behind all this romance, is none-other than the famous late Yash Chopra! It all began in 1995, the train station scenes, ‘palat,’ and the famous running through a field of yellow flowers in a white suit and Raj waiting with open arms! Yes, you guessed right, Dilwale Dhulania Le Jayenge aka DDLJ!
This newer-trailer speaks it all!
5. One of my all time favorite 90’s Shahrukh Khan films, Yess Boss! Till this date, this is one of b-towns best rom-coms! And the music in the film by Jatin-Lalit is unforgettable.
6. This past weekend I saw ABCD 2 and was thinking about one of b-town’s earlier dance films, Dil Toh Pagal Hai! Another Yash Chopra classic. A film which defines all shades of Indian Cinema and Indian Culture! Here’s a duo I love to see on-screen together, Shahrukh-Madhuri!
7. It’s every girls dream to be with Shahrukh Khan, no matter what he’s like, right? In Duplicate we see SRK play a double role, one evil and crazy character as Manu and then a bubbly-charming character, Bablu! This action-comedy films definitely has some cheesy points, but what film in the 90’s wasn’t cheesy?
8. Here’s something different! In the crowd of action-comedy and romance, SRK plays the role as an All India Radio correspondent who develops affection for a mysterious terrorist, in Mani Ratnam’s trilogy of terror films! This film had all sorts of outbreaks, music was by AR Rahman and the music till date is one of the best Indian Film Soundtracks! There was the famous train song, Chaiyya Chaiyya with Malaika Arora and Jiya Jale with Priety Zinta!
9. Karan Johar’s first directed film really was the best start-up to his film career and it thoroughly enhanced the acting ability Shahrukh, Kajol and Rani Mukerji all had together on the big-screen! Every scene of this film will have you laugh, cry, smile, and melt. This is just one of the many scenes of the film that makes you feel some type of way!
10. Here’s a film that is one of my favorites! The humor, the story and the songs it’s all just simply beautiful! Josh! And this track in-fact is sung by SRK himself!
11. Have you ever wanted to fall in love with an intellectual-romantic? Meet Aryan, he is care-free and sticks with his own beliefs and thoughts in the film, Mohabbatein!
12. Do you remember One 2 Ka 4? The drama-thriller film where Shahrukh is a cop and is solving drug-cases, taking care of his best friends kids and slowly falling in love with the village girl played by Juhi Chawla. The kid-friendly film definitely was a classic as a kid and every now and then when it pops up on TV I don’t miss watching it!
13. Years later, after Karan Johar’s successful first directed film, he made the heavy family drama, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham again with his two favorite, Sharukh-Kajol along with Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor, Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan! This film broke screens all over the world and is still one of the most loved family films. This is my all time favorite scene in the film!
14. In the same year of 2001, Shahrukh and Kareena came together in Asoka! The film was quite successful at the Toronto and Venice Film Festival, but did not make the cut at the Indian Box Office! I’ll never forget though how popular this song was at the time!
15. Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s, Devdas! The colorful filled film was one of the biggest films in the year of 2002! Till this date, people do not stop talking about Aishwarya’s beauty and Madhuri’s exemplifying dance performance in this film. And then there is Shahrukh, I like to believe this one of his most successful performances in the acting division!
This scene is timeless!
16. A year later in 2003, Shahrukh was shown as an ‘angel’ in the Nikhil Advani directed film, Kal Ho Na Ho! We also got to see the Preity-Shahrukh duo, which the audience thoroughly enjoyed! When you ask people what’s your favorite SRK film, most say, Kal Ho Na Ho!
We can never forget, “Nice Tie!”
17. What’s your favorite Shahrukh Khan love-story? I’d have to say, Chalte Chalte! Cute, charming, heartbreak and a beautiful happy ending!
18. After the successful Preity-Shahrukh pair happened, the two were seen together in one of Yash Chopra’s romantic films, Veer Zaara! This classic story will definitely go down in history! Don’t you agree?
19. Every imagined what it would be like to date a charming-dweeb? Try SRK’s role in Main Hoon Na, choreographer and director Farah Khan stars her best friend, Shahrukh in her first hit film!
20. Three years later, Farah Khan made another film with SRK, Om Shanti Om! But this time she brought a new girl on the block, Deepika Padukone, and I think we are all glad Farah introduced such a divine-beauty to the big-screen! This scene and song from the film is a memorable one and unforgettable!
21. In the same year of 2007, Shahrukh did a film with 16-girls! Yes, this film was surrounded by the sport of hockey, and truly one of my all time favorite patriotic films!
22. Don 2! Well this is a sequel to the first Don, but I enjoyed the second one a lot more! I really enjoy seeing Shahrukh in this edgy-action pack persona and would love to see him do more films like these, don’t you think so?
23. Last but not the last one forever… Jab Tak Hai Jaan! Truly not one of my favorite Shahrukh Khan films, but it was Yash Chopra’s last, and it was truly sad to see this one in general! Even though it’s nice to see Shahrukh in a comic role or an edgy action role, we all love Shahrukh in his charming-romantic roles! We all hope that he will soon do another romantic love story soon, because after all he is the King of Romance!