You love to dance right and considering today was National Dance Day, what better to celebrate it by knowing about SUMMER FUNK! The world’s biggest dance academy, Shiamak Davar International gives an opportunity to dance enthusiasts of all ages to learn their favorite dance styles and perform on stage like stars! SHIAMAK Summer Funk was a houseful show at the 1400 seater Watford Colosseum with students showcasing the best in dance.
The show celebrated the colors of dance with vibrant costumes, properties, themes and choreography. Students from ages four to eighty four performed dance styles including Shiamak’s Indo- Jazz and Bollywood Jazz embodying the academy’s motto, ‘Have Feet. Will Dance.’ Students from Harrow, Wembley, Southall, Ilford , Central London & Leicester made the stage their home with fantastic performances. The highlight of the show was the performance by the SHIAMAK Dance Team (London) showcasing advance training in various styles. So here are some reasons why it was a HIT!
1. Colors- From the costumes, properties, LED projections, themes and the choreography, the entire show was colorful experience.
2. Have Feet. Will Dance.- The stage saw toddlers from the age of four to seniors well into their seventies! In fact, an entire family of father, mother and two kids danced on the same stage! This will be one memory and family photo that will stay with them and us forever!
3. Who run the world- GIRLS!- Representing the color pink, the mother’s class and the ladies class set the stage on fire.
4. Star Power – Shiamaksent a special video message for all his students in London. The students broke into an instant applause seeing their Guru of Dance on the screen! This was followed by a surprise message by the Bollywood heartthrob Shahid Kapoor who was a part of the Shiamak Davar Dance Company before he ventured into Bollywood. He shared his experience on the Summer Funk stage and spoke about his upcoming film ,Haider.
5. The active audience- The audience played a huge role in encouraging every performer on stage. They clapped along with every class and supported all the students. The heat wave didn’t hinder the spirit of the students or the audience!
6. London Thumakda- If one wanted to witness how London can really shake it, then the finale performance with over 150 dancers from the SHIAMAK Dance Team and advance classes gave us a glimpse of their phenomenal ability. The audience was on their feet with dancers on stage and in the audience performing to the Bollywood hit ‘London Thumakda’.
7. One Stage- Dance enthusiasts from various walks of life, different age groups and cultures came together on one stage. Performers from Leicester, London – Harrow, Wembley, Ilford, Southall & Central London put their best foot forward and danced like stars!
So what are you waiting for get up and DANCE at SUMMER FUNK with Shiamak at next years event! You don’t want to miss out on the fun and action would you now? Get up and DANCE!