Summer is here and everyone wants a yummy cold bite of ice cream to cool themselves off. Sadly, it’s a myth that ice cream or even frozen yogurt cools a person. It, in fact, dehydrates you more due its sugar content and leaves you craving for more. How do you get your ice cream fix and not put on weight, and at the same time stay hydrated? Make some raw mango – cashew bars!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp sage honey
- 1 Tsp cardamom
WHAT DO YOU DO?
- Soak cashews for about 2-3 hours.
- Rinse the cashews with distilled water
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender
- Pour the mixture in a glass container and leave it in the refrigerator
- Take it out in 2-3 hours and cut into tiny square shapes and serve
You can also make them into popsicles or add more water and make it into a mango ice cream!
To make healthy food that also tastes great, just needs a bit of creativity.