Sprouted Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans is a nutrient high -ingredient used as a meat replacement. High in protein, carbohydrates, fiber and low in fat makes it a perfect power house for raw, vegan and vegetarians. They also contain loads of essential vitamins and minerals; Magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, calcium and Vitamin C.
Heating these beans reduces it’s nutritional value drastically. The best way to consume them is by sprouting it as it activates the enzymes and makes it easy for digestion.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 2 cups Chickpeas
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Pistachio
- 3/4 cup Coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Cup cranberry
- 5 Tbsp Braggs amino acid
- 4 Tbsp Dry Basil
WHAT DO YOU DO?
- Soak 2 cups of Chickpea / Garbanzo beans in distilled water for about 1.5 – 2 days.
- Once you see the sprouted heads, rinse the beans with water and let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Use a food processor or Vitamix to blend the sprouted chickpeas with all the other ingredients.
- Take out the paste and massage it for about 10 minutes until they become soft and smooth in texture.
- Lay out the paste on a parchment paper in the dehydrator.
- Let it dehydrate for about 14-15 hours at 125F. Flip over sides in between, when one side seems dry enough.
TURMERIC CREAM TOPPING
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 3 Dates
- 4 Tbsp Almond milk
Blend all the above ingredients and place it on top of the bread.
Enjoy every creamy- crunchy bite!