On this year’s Fashion’s Night Out, Urban Asian caught up with celebrity stylist Amrita Singh at the RARE Salon’s FNO event. Lucky for us the talented fashionista was able to give our fans some quick tips for the everyday woman and share some of her favorite fashion must haves!
Here’s what Amrita Singhhad to say:
- See what works for you, not necessarily what is following a trend. For example, polka dots may be in, but you may be more inclined towards animal prints. At the end of the day I’ll cater to what sells and what suits my client’s lifestyle.
- Invest in pieces that aren’t seasonal, like the little black dress. Items like that are timeless so don’t bargain on them.
- When it comes to your bags and baubles, it’s okay to mix it up and not be “designer” head to toe. As long as you make a statement with your accessories, you’re in good company!
- Oscar de la Renta and Marc Jacobs are my favorites at Fashion Week, by far– Oscar for his classic elegance and Marc for his cutting edge creations.
- Can’t-live-without fashion accessory: My Grandmother’s floral design diamond earrings. They have been passed down by two generations and are still my most prized possession.
Keep it locked on Urban Asian for more fashion tips from the stars!