One of the most refreshing and natural drinks available to us is coconut water. Coconut water is found in young, green coconuts that are mostly available in tropical regions like India, Thailand, and so on. Apart from its sweet and addictive taste, coconut water is known for its various health benefits.
COCONUT WATER HEALTH BENEFITS
- It naturally contains bioactive enzymes like catalase, diastase, peroxidase, and phosphatase. These enzymes are known to enhance metabolism and promote good digestion.
- Wondering what keeps the coconut healthy for a long time, even after it sails on the sea for days? They contain Cytokinins and they are well known for anti-aging. The consumption of coconut water with this enzyme has the same benefits on humans.
- They have high Potassium content – even more than bananas. Potassium is critical to replenish electrolyte deficiency, especially after exercise.
- The low sodium content and the perfect composition of amino acids and enzymes makes coconut water a great replacement for sport drinks!
THE RIGHT PICK
I know, you walk into a store and you see a whole line of coconut water products… They all look cute and tempting, but how do you pick the right one?
- Stick to the most natural packaging- which would be the coconut shell itself.
- Try avoiding added flavors or unwanted combination drinks like coconut water with chocolate or coffee with coconut water; one is a diuretic and the other hydrates you. The product really has to make sense.
- Try avoiding plastic bottles / tetra-packs as they produce chemicals constantly. Incline towards glass bottles.
- If the bottle /pack says it is from “coconut concentrate” . Then avoid it, because it is plain water with no benefits.
- Make sure the bottle reads 100% coconut water
Hydrate. Refresh. Heal.