As you may have read earlier on UrbanAsian, Amit Gupta a young and talented South Asian entrepreneur, was diagnosed with leukemia. He is in desperate need to find a bone marrow donor match of South Asian origin. As such, we at Urban Asian implore you to please head to one of the local drives in your area and get tested to see if you are a match.
Within Connecticut, the Hindu Cultural Center (HCC) will host a bone marrow donor registry for the South Asian Community on:
- Saturday Oct 22
- Sri Sataynarayan Temple 11 Training Hill Rd Middletown, CT 06457 from 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Sunday Oct 23
- Hindu Cultural Center 96 Chapel St, Stratford, CT 06614 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Sunday Oct 30
- Hindu Cultural Center 96 Chapel St, Stratford, CT 06614 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Dr. Vijay Chhabra, Clinical Instructor, Yale University School of Medicine, Oncology Hematology Care of CT will be there to answer any questions that you may have along with getting the sample to send for testing.
If you are unable to attend one of the drives listed above but would like to get tested as a possible donor, please contact one of the emails listed below:
- Dr. Vijay Chhabra email@example.com
- Dr. Pramila Nathan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Tarun Gupta email@example.com
In addition to the HCC drives listed above, listed below are general drives being held at nearby locations.
Be The Match is hosting the following general bone marrow donor registry:
- Saturday October 22nd
- Hull, MA at Daddy’s Beach Club from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Tuesday October 25th
- Yale New Haven 367 Cedar Street noon-2:30
- Thursday October 27th
- Harvard Law School (building to be announced)
- Saturday October 29th
- Belmont, MA 66 Leonard Street
- November 3rd
- BC Football stadium Alumni Arena 3:30-7:30
Please help spread the word and do try and attend a drive if possible!