India on Thursday reported a single-day spike of 90,928 fresh Covid-19 cases and 325 deaths.
The daily positivity rate stood at 6.43%. The active caseload in the country reached 2,85,401, while 19,206 recoveries were recorded in the last 24 hours.
The Omicron tally in the country reached 2,630, with Maharashtra (797) topping the count, followed by Delhi (465), Rajasthan (236) and Kerala (234). On Wednesday, the Centre confirmed the first Omicron-related deathin the country — a 74-year-old man with comorbidities, who succumbed to the virus last week in Rajasthan’s Udaipur.
India is witnessing an exponential rise in the number of Covid-19 cases, which is believed to be driven by the Omicron variant, the Centre said on Wednesday. In a letter Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir and Bihar, Additional Secretary of Union Health Ministry Arti Ahuja pointed out a considerable decline in Covid-19 testing amid rising cases and positivity rate and said it is a “cause of concern”.
Keeping in my the State Secretary announced some guidelines that needs to be followed:
– Complete Lockdown from 10 PM to 5 AM
– All UK inbound Flights banned from tomorrow till further notice
– From tomorrow, Flights from Non Risk Countries – 10% RTPC mandatory, rest RAT
– Duare Sarkar programs which was to start from today deferred till 1st Feb
– All Schools, Collages & University to be closed from tomorrow
– All Govt Offices, corporations, state offices – 50% Attendance from tomorrow
– All Private Offices – 50% Attendance from tomorrow
– Swimming Pools, Spa, Gym, Saloon, Wellness Parlors to be closed from tomorrow
– Entertainment Parks & Zoo to be closed from tomorrow
– Shopping Mall & Complexes – 50% capacity from tomorrow, Time from 10AM to 5PM
– Local Train – would run @ 50% of capacity till 7 PM
– Eateries, Restaurants, etc. – 50% Capacity till 10 PM
– Metro Rail – 50% capacity till 10 PM
– Cinema Hall – 50% Capacity
– Essential services would be exempted from 10 PM deadline
– From tomorrow micro containment zone to be activated wherever there are more than 5 cases in the same premises
– Home Delivery would be operational
– Masks is mandatory, else action would be taken against the establishment
– Mumbai & Delhi flights to be allowed only on Monday & Friday
Detailed Notification to follow