The worldwide pandemic has surely shaken everyone to their core, and living a healthier and happier life has now become one of the top goals people everywhere are looking to achieve. There has never been more awareness towards our mental and physical health than there is at present, and researchers can’t seem to have enough of this either.
Recently, several studies have highlighted how depression has gone up during quarantine days, issues of mental health and the importance of living a meaningful, healthy, and happy life.
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
Not only are people understanding the value of living a healthy life, but they have also been driven to make smart financial decisions sooner after witnessing how uncertain finance and even lives have gotten in this pandemic. This is where a life insurance policy could prove to be effective and exactly something you need.
It is important to understand the benefits of an insurance policy like life insurance, where you not only start saving towards the future but also keep a lump sum ready for your family to access in your absence.
Secrets to living a happy & healthy life
Are you looking to change your life goals around and focus more on leading a healthier and vibrant life hereon? Here are five pillars that can help you achieve that:
- Self-care:This pillar basically covers doing anything and everything that makes you feel good and helps you re-energise. It is important to take good care of your mind and body and work towards being the best possible version of yourself.2
- Sleep well: To live a healthy and happy life, one of the most important pillars is sleep! Adults usually need an average of 7-9 hour of sleep daily. Getting good sleep every night can help reduce stress, maintain your weight, lower blood pressure, improve your memory, elevate your mood, etc.
If you want to buy life insurance, then you now know the contribution of sleep to your overall health. The healthier your body at the time of buying the policy, the lesser you will have to pay in premiums3
Food: Try and eat as healthy as possible because food habits affect our body in more ways than we can imagine. However, this does not mean that you start fasting or starving yourself of every food item you once loved.
You can even consult a dietician to help you create a meal chart that will make it easy for you to intake your proteins and carbs in the desired amount every day.
- Exercising: To ensure that you have a healthy and happy body, you also need to remove some time from your daily routine and devote it to exercising.
To achieve the overall well-being of the body, you can always start with a few minutes of yoga and breathing exercises every morning. In current times, especially when the pandemic has mostly strained us indoors, it is important that we don’t let that stop us from exercising at home.
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
Why Should You Be Considering A Life Insurance Policy?
Sooner or later, every individual must think about life insurance meaning buying a policy that helps them create a safety plan for their family in their absence. Life insurance policies are a great way of saving up a lump sum for your family, and to ensure they do not have to go through any financial trauma or stress if you are no more.
Your beneficiary gets the lump sum, and other assured death benefits based on the policy bought, and they can use this amount towards pretty much anything they want. Before you begin your insurance journey, remember to do your research first about life insurance online.
Here are some reasons why you should consider buying life insurance online, from a trusted partner, and what it could mean for your family:
- In difficult times like mourning the loss of a family member, a life insurance policy could offer them financial support and a debt-free future as well.
- If the breadwinner of the family passes away, then the lump sum received from this scheme can work as a replacement for their salary.
- You can secure your family’s future beforehand and take care of their financial freedom even in your absence.
Some of the present-day benefits you can also enjoy from a life insurance cover are its tax benefits. According to the Income Tax Act of 1961, you can avail of a tax deduction of up to Rs. 1,50,000 on your premiums as per the old tax regime every year, under section 80C.
However, while buying your policy, remember to run your premium numbers beforehand and ensure that your yearly premium does not exceed 10% of the overall sum assured your policy has to offer.
It is always a good habit to get more details on the online life insurance policies that you have shortlisted. Choose a trusted insurer as your family should not have to go through too much trouble when they need to claim the policy. The key to a healthier and happier life is securing your today and saving for your family’s tomorrow, one premium at a time.