Five Bollywood Actresses who are also Eco-Friendly Fashionistas!
Over the past few years, actresses have been wearing sustainable labels not only to promote an eco friendly lifestyle, but also to recognize artists who have put their time and efforts in creating a beautiful outfit. There are several brands which hand paint design their clothes manually. When public figures wear their outfits, it helps the brands give back to the communities who have played a huge role in the art for generations. The steady interest of celebrities in organic fashion has boosted demand in the market, thereby introducing fashionistas to a world of cotton clothing. Let’s take a look at 5 actresses who have made statements by dressing in sustainable fashion!
1. Richa Chadha – When you think sustainability, you think of Richa Chadha. This talented actress has always been an advocate for an organic lifestyle! She is known for wearing sustainable labels like Raw Mango at various events.
2. Yami Gautam – The latest actress to join the sustainability bandwagon is, the Kaabil actress, Yami Gautam. She found quite a few environmentally-conscious fashion designers in Hong Kong. However, it was Anita Dongre’s Grass Roots collection which ultimately made her dive into the world of sustainable fashion!
3. Taapsee Pannu – This Naam Shabana actress has always been a style setter, with her fashion trends becoming absolute rage amongst her fans. Taapsee has always believed in wearing what you are comfortable in, and it is reflected in the beautiful labels she has worn over the past few years!
4. Katrina Kaif – She has walked the ramp wearing international labels and been muse for several designers during the various fashion weeks in the country. However, Katrina only wore sustainable clothes by Reformation during the shoot of her film Jagga Jasoos.
5. Rasika Dugal – Manto actress Rasika Dugal has predominantly been one who has had an eye for sustainable labels. She is always spotted wearing gorgeous organic pieces at events. The talented actress will also be walking the ramp for an organic brand, Vriksh, at the Lakme Fashion Week this year!