Fish oil is a good supplement for many reasons!
No matter the age, more often than not, we are advised to have fish oil as a supplement with our food.
The reason behind this is omega 3, which is excellent for our eyesight and our cognitive development.
It also helps us to boost our immune system and get some help to protect ourselves from the common cold and fever.
However, have you heard that fish oil is also something that will help with Autism Spectrum Disorder?
Yes, Omega 3 is a supplement that can essentially help people with ASD in many ways.
Let us find out more about it!
What Are The Main Sources Of Omega 3?
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are the two sources of nutrients in Omega 3. They primarily consist of fish oil.
Both can be utilized for improving the cognitive brain and reducing inflammation. Plus, studies have also shown that it can decrease irritability and improve mood. They are essentially resulting in good social behavior.
This is one of the first and foremost links for having autism associated with the use of fish oil.
Vegan Fish Oil
Yes, there is an option for all our vegans and vegetarians with Autism. You can get several supplements for algae oil which can also have the properties of EPA & DHA.
The scientific name for this supplement is definitely something called Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA and they are converted into DHA & EPA for the purpose of consumption.
Branches OF Fish Oil
In order to understand the properties of fish oil better, you have to first understand the properties of fish oil.
1. Omega 3
The first source of fish oil is definitely Omega 3. Some of the common properties of fish oil are.
– Omega 3 is derived from fish fat, something which makes up the cell membrane.
– ALA, DHA & EPA are the three types of Omega 3.
– They are known for improving the cognitive brain and reducing inflammation within the system. Plus, it is known for improving one’s mental health.
– Some of the food sources for Omega 3 are chia, flax seeds, and fatty fish.
Omega 6 is the next component that is derived from fish oil. Again some of its properties are.
– They are rich in fat which helps us gain energy.
– There is a recommended value; one shouldn’t increase the consumption beyond that.
– Refined oil like soybean and mayonnaise.
Here are some of the properties of Omega 9.
– They can help in boosting metabolism.
– Thus, it is consumed by people after a certain age, and not when they are young.
– Some of the food sources with Omega 9 are cashews, almonds, and avocado oil.
How Can Fish Oil Help Someone With Autism
– Children with autism naturally have lower levels of Omega 3. Thus, it affects their immune system and cognitive development.
– Since their body is unable to create enough Omega 3 for natural development, there is no harm in providing them with the help of fish oil.
– The lack of Omega 3 can also cause some brain-related disorders, and if the level of omega three is maintained among the people suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder, they can be more prone to other problems.
– Thus, you need to give them a certain amount of Omega 3 in order to balance it out among the patients.
– We all know that cognitive development is very slow among autism patients, and thus Omega 3 supplements are of great help when it comes to assisting with their brain development.
Supplements For Better Help!
When you start taking supplements to make yourself better, this doesn’t automatically imply that you are no fit than others.
For someone who is suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder, this just means that they have to be zealous to lead a better life.
This is one of the reasons why you need to get the patient under Omega 3 today!