Let’s face it, you are never going to be rich working for someone else and with the current level of technology we enjoy, it’s never been easier to work for yourself. We all have a talent and there’s no reason why you can’t package your skillsets and offer on a freelance basis; all it takes is some careful planning and organisation.
Here are a few of the reasons why many UK people have already made the switch to self-employment.
- The sky is the limit – When you are an employee, you are immediately capped; there is a limit on how far you can go; not so when you work for yourself, you set the limits and if you are ambitious, you could go all the way and end up with a company that goes public! Motivated people can work magic and if you have the drive and have a good set of skillsets, why not package your service and offer it to the consumer? If you are fit and healthy, get into the fitness industry and help others achieve their fitness goals, if you are into computers, open a repair business; base your business on something you love and you can’t really go wrong.
- Love your work – It’s a totally different feeling when you are self-employed and that makes all the difference; if you love working out. The level 3 personal trainer course can be taken online and that certifies you to work as a freelance personal trainer. Manay people dislike their work and when you play a part in improving your client’s life by helping to achieve their fitness goals. It’s a special feeling.
- Independence – Freelancing brings with it an unprecedented level of freedom and independence and once experienced, you won’t want to go back to regular employment. Work when you like and when you offer your services, you have some control over the details, rather than being told what to do and where to go.
- Change of lifestyle – Self-employment changes everything and whatever your lifestyle, it will improve once you are in the driving seat. While others struggle to plan their life around their work, you plan your work around your lifestyle and if you want to really go for it and become a workaholic, it is you that reaps the benefit, not the employer. Here is a great blog about running a business to suit your lifestyle.
- Building a future – The more customers you have, the better your reputation will be and after 5-10 years, you could be employing a dozen people and create a unique brand. There are no limits when you create a business and with careful planning, you can build a company that gives you financial security for the rest of your life.
The UK government offers support for those who wish to set up their own business and creating a website is the first step to success. If you are unhappy with your current job, take the plunge and you won’t regret it. A Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a business structure for private businesses. LLCs are a combination of corporations and partnerships with flexibility in taxes and other benefits. It is easy to start an LLC in the USA when it comes to setting up a new business.