You can be splurged with choices when it comes to choosing the ideal romantic gateway in India. From scenic mountains to lush green valleys, you can have a wonderful time together. Be it the royal grandeur of Rajasthan or the palm and coconut trees fringed tranquil Andaman and Nicobar Islands, you can kickstart your new life in a mind-blowing way. Whether it is Kerala or Kashmir, you can create lifetime memories with your partner.
Why Visit Kerala?
The extensive range of Kerala honeymoon packages will prove that God’s Own Country in South India is a favorite destination. Here are 4 reasons to visit Kerala on a honeymoon:
- Munnar: You can marvel at the beauty of the Western Ghats. Set at an elevation of 6000 feet, Munnar enthralls you with its idyllic ambiance. It is the best place to beat the scorching heat and pollution of the city. You can soak in the beauty of the pristine green forest cover and diverse wildlife. Take a stroll in the green tea, coffee, or spice plantations. Trek the rocky terrains or opt for camping. Take a safari tour of the Eravikulam National Park. You can opt for a shikhara ride in the Kundala River. If you are lucky, you can spot the rare Nilgiri Tahr and Neelakurunji flowers.
- Alleppey: Famous for the rustic backwaters, it allures you with its calmness. It looks majestic with its hamlets and toddy shops, punted canoes, and houseboats. You can rent a houseboat and enjoy sailing in the gentle waters. Fitted with facilities like balconies for angling, air conditioners, and a kitchen, a modern houseboat offers abundant comfort. You can also view the 17th-century Portuguese-built lighthouse and the 137-year-old pier of the Alappuzha beach. Gorging on the delicious Keralite cuisine, you can acquire panoramic vistas of the laidback canals and greenery. You can even take a 1–4-hour boat ride for a unique and novel experience.
- Thekkady: Home to the largest tiger reserve in India, it is a beautiful city. It is replete with unmatchable and impeccable lush green forests and abounding wildlife. You can gape at the small contoured hills and the unending aromatic tea, coffee, and cardamom plantations. Moreover, you can get lost in the tranquillity and delightful scenery. You can capture exquisite frames of the cascading waterfalls, undulating valleys, and green meadows. Spend a night under the stars. Take a boat ride on Periyar Lake. You can even indulge in trekking and mountain walks. Another must-do activity is the exotic bamboo rafting for a fun-filled evening.
- Kovalam: Once a fishing village in Kerala, it is now a popular tourist destination. It is a renowned, calm, and clean beach. You can spend quality time on this palm-fringed beach. Take a leisurely walk, relax or sunbathe on the beach. Moreover, you can cherish the blue waters, the salty waves, authentic cuisine, and the luxurious accommodation. You can enjoy the mesmerizing views of the sunset and the sunrise. For unwinding, you can splurge on an ayurvedic message. You can go to the viewing platform of the striped lighthouse for panoramic vistas. Visit ancient temples, big churches, and grand mosques for spiritual vibes.
Why Visit Kashmir?
You can check out the numerous Kashmir tour packages for the most satisfactory one for yourself. Here are 4 reasons to visit Kashmir on a honeymoon:
- Sonmarg: It is a must-visit point in standard Kashmir tours. Famous as the gateway of the Indian Silk Road, connecting Kashmir and China, it is abounding with idyllic beauty. You can feast on the serene lakes and stunning waterfalls. Acquire breathtaking views from high-altitude valleys. You can indulge in trekking, white-water rafting, and trout fishing. Replete with bright colors, the meadows, valleys, and lakes will help you rejuvenate. You can hike down to the Baltal valley. Enjoy activities at Krishnasar Lake. You can visit Mata Kheer Bhawani temple, believed to have miraculous powers. Indulge in a peaceful boat ride or birdwatching in the Manasbal Lake.
- Gulmarg: Located at 2650 meters in the Pir Panjal Mountain Ranges, it is a well-known cup-shaped valley in Kashmir. It is also known as the ‘Meadow of Flowers. You can see the world’s highest 18-hole golf course. Moreover, you can admire the wide variety of blooming flowers, lush green meadows and valleys, teeny lakes, and snow-clad mountain peaks. Take a spiritual tour of the Maharani Temple, Baba Rezi Shrine, and St. Mary’s Church. You can even indulge in thrilling activities like skiing, trekking, Gondola cable car ride, and trout fishing. Besides, you can ride a pony, click innumerable photographs and enjoy bird watching.
- Srinagar: Situated on the banks of the Jhelum River, it is popularly called ‘Heaven on Earth. You can take a gondola or a shikhara ride on the tranquil Dal Lake. Besides, you can visit the Mughal Era gardens, like Shalimar Bagh, Chashm-e-Sahi Bagh, and Nishat Bagh. You can even witness Asia’s largest tulip garden. Tour the gorgeous Hazratbal Mosque and the Shankaracharya Temple. You can even stroll through the apple orchards. Visit the Dachigam Wildlife Sanctuary for perceiving the rich bio-diversity and migratory birds. You can buy Kashmiri apples, dry fruits, and Kashmiri shawls. Moreover, you can taste authentic Kashmiri cuisine or Wazwan.
- Kishtwar: It is renowned for its saffron fields, and blooms during October and November. Moreover, it is known for the sapphire and ruby mining areas. It is a less-explored destination. Surrounded by lush deodar trees and pine forests, it presents the perfect setting for the newlyweds. You can stroll in the countryside. Immerse yourself in the stunning vistas of fruit orchards, snow-capped peaks, green forests, delightful rivers, flowering grasslands, and green valleys. You can even indulge in recreational activities like rock climbing, sky jumping, trampoline, trekking, and paragliding. Visit the Kishtwar National Park for rich vegetation and wildlife.
Thus, Kerala and Kashmir, located in two opposite directions, are worth visiting. You can consult your tour operator for the best package. Moreover, you can look for discounts and offers for additional facilities. You can, therefore, make the best trip with your partner when you decide carefully.