If you’re someone who enjoys cannabis and you want to take it a step further, making a homemade THC gummy is the best way to go. It’s also the easiest way for beginners to make edibles at home because there’s so much less cooking involved. Plus, if you’ve got some gelatin on hand, making your gummies can be done in just a few minutes!
In this article, we’ll explain how exactly these THC Gummies work and what ingredients are needed (plus give some recipes). By the end of this guide, you’ll have all the information necessary to make your batch of delicious homemade edibles: no matter what they are made of!
What are THC gummies?
THC gummies are a type of edible cannabis product. They’re made with marijuana and gelatin and come in different flavors. The most common type of THC gummy is the fruit-flavored one that comes in various colors like red, green, and blue.
But not all THC gummies are fruit-flavored. They can also be minty or even vegan-friendly! If you want to make your batch at home using fresh ingredients, there are some things you should know about how to make them, so they don’t taste gross (or go bad).
Ingredients required to make THC gummies at home
To make THC gummies at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Coconut oil. This will help give your gummy bears a soft and chewy texture similar to what you’d find in store-bought candy. You can also use olive or vegetable oil if you’re not a fan of coconut, but it will have a different effect on your final product.
- Maple syrup. You’ll want about 2 tablespoons per batch of THC gummies (which can be cut down to 1 tablespoon for smaller batches). If you don’t have any on hand, honey will do just fine as an alternative source of sweetness in this recipe as well!
- Water and sugar are mixed until dissolved into a syrup-like state (1 cup total). This mixture will be used as a binder for our other ingredients when making homemade edibles like these yummy treats!
- Lemon juice. You’ll need about 1 teaspoon per batch of THC gummies, which should be enough to give them a hint of tartness without being too overwhelming. If you prefer your edibles to have more or less lemon flavor, feel free to adjust this amount accordingly!
- Cannabis-infused coconut oil. This is a key ingredient in making THC gummies at home—you’ll want about 3 tablespoons per batch of gummies (or 1/4 cup total), which should be enough to give you a mild high perfect for unwinding after work or school. Always buy Cannabis oil from reputed and trust worth vendors.
Recipe to make THC gummies at home
- Place your gummy bear mold on a baking sheet.
- Pour the ginger ale into a saucepan and heat over medium-high until the temperature reaches 183 degrees F (84 degrees C). This should take about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While waiting for the ginger ale to reach temperature, mix 1/2 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of agar powder in a small bowl. Stir until no clumps are left, and then set aside for now.
- Once your ginger ale has reached 183°F (84°C), remove from heat, add in your glycerin syrup and stir well until everything is dissolved together. Then add in your cannabis concentrate or hash oil, along with any other desired ingredients such as lemon juice or food coloring if necessary; stir until everything is thoroughly mixed nicely before pouring into the mold set on top of the cookie sheet earlier.
- Next up: Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for several hours before removing from molds.And finally: Enjoy!
How to store your homemade gummies?
To store your homemade gummies, keep them in a cool and dry place. The last thing you want is for them to get moldy or rotten before you can eat them. Also, keep them away from direct sunlight because that will cause the color of the gummy to fade over time. It’s also crucial that they’re not exposed to heat since this can reduce their shelf life and prevent them from tasting as good (and I’m sure you wouldn’t want anything less than delicious in your mouth). Finally, store your gummies in an airtight container, so they stay fresh longer — no one likes stale food!
Which one is better: homemade gummies or gummies bought from stores?
You can get the best of both worlds by making your gummies at home. You’ll know exactly what’s going into them, and you won’t have to worry about additives or added sugars that may be in store-bought gummies. The only downside is that they may not give you the same effects as store-bought gummies, but if you want to make them anyway, go ahead!
If you’re concerned with cost, homemade gummies are a great option because they’re cheaper than store-bought ones and will last longer, too, since they don’t contain preservatives like those found in pre-made edibles.
THC gummies have become a popular and convenient way for people to use cannabis.
THC gummies are a popular and convenient way for people to use cannabis, particularly when compared to smoking or vaping. They are easy to use, easy to store, and they’re even easier to make at home!
Making your THC gummies is simple: you’ll need some gelatin (sold as a powder), vegetable oil, and cannabis-infused oil or butter. From here, you can assemble your cannabis edibles recipe however you’d like—e.g., by adding fruit juice for sweetness or sprinkling crushed-up candy on top of the finished product.
The good news is that you can make THC gummies at home. Just be sure to use proper safety procedures when handling cannabis and the equipment used in making these treats so that no one gets hurt! It may take a little time and effort, but the results are worth it.
The first step is choosing your recipe. There are many different types of gummies out there today with different flavors and ingredients, so you’ll want to choose something that works best for you (and your taste buds). For example, some recipes call for store-bought gelatin, while others require homemade agar powder made from seaweed, giving them extra flavor!