The glamour queen Bipasha Basu has always been known to say it like it is without mincing words!
Inspiring millions of women across the country, she has also been one of the most empowering women in the entertainment industry.
On International Women’s Day, here are seven quotes by the powerhouse that spell ‘alpha female’ and will empower women to carpe diem!
• “I want to tell women that you need to love yourself and make yourself a priority. It’s only when you are happy yourself, you can make everyone else around you happy.”
• “We are the change we seek. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other thing.”
• “I want to do entertaining films, where a woman gets the respect of being an actor.”
• “I have always believed that if you need to take your clothes off to get your man, you’ve begun to lose the battle.”
• “I believe everything negative that happens in your life is for a positive reason. If your heart breaks, you know you are a human being and it happens. But you can’t mope over it. There’s only one life. You better get on ahead and fast. Fast enough not to let your past ever catch up with you.”
• “My philosophy towards life is to enjoy it to the fullest and have fun. I am one of those ‘laugh-out-loud’ kinds. I am quirky, yet witty.”
• “I am a positive person. I am not cynical. If you are born in this world, no matter who you are, negative things will happen. If you aren’t positive as a person, you’ll be very unhappy. It’s extremely important to be positive, to laugh, to be happy, to accept life as it comes.”