Who says that one cannot give in to their sweet craving without actually doing a lot of damage to the health?
For the same, add some walnuts to your recipes and tweak a few elements with healthy replacements.
Why Walnuts Is Healthy?
There are proven health benefits of walnuts as they are rich in antioxidants. It is a source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Being high in fibre, it helps in the management of weight. Helps decrease inflammation.Great snack for those suffering from Type-2 diabetes. It helps in lowering the blood pressure. Eating walnuts every day can help. Reduce the risk of heart disease.
Lets have a look at some Walnuts recipes are as follows:
Banana & walnut loaf:
- 100g Butter plus a little extra for greasing
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 225g Plain Floor
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Very Rip Banana
- 85g Choppped Walnuts
- 50ml Milk
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 2lb loaf tin with some butter and line the base with baking parchment, then grease this as well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and egg, then slowly mix in flour and baking powder. Peel, then mash the bananas. Now mix everything together, including the nuts.
- Pour your mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack before removing from the loaf tin. The loaf can now be wrapped tightly in cling film and kept for up to 2 days, or frozen for up to 1 month. Defrost and warm through before serving. Serve in thick slices topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with a little Easy chocolate sauce (see recipe, below).
Baked cheese with quick walnut bread & pears:
- 1 English camembert or brie-type cheese in a box
- drizzle of walnut oil
- 3 pears, cored and thinly sliced
For The Bread:
- 300g plain flour
- 200g wholemeat flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 284ml carton buttermilk
- 50ml olive oil
- 150ml milk
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. To make the bread, mix the flours, salt, bicarbonate and the walnuts in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the buttermilk and oil, followed by enough milk to make a very soft, sticky dough.
- Dust a baking tray with wholemeal flour and shape the dough into a round, flat-ish loaf on it. Dust with a little more flour, slash the top a few times and bake for 30-35 mins until risen, crusty and cooked through – it should sound hollow when you tap the bottom of it.
- Cool bread to just warm (or leave to cool completely if preparing ahead), then get the cheese ready. Unwrap the cheese and put back into the box. Tie string around the box in case the glue melts in the oven. Drizzle the cheese with walnut oil, season, then put in the oven for 10 mins. Serve with slices of the warm walnut bread and pears.
If you have any other best desert recipe made from walnuts do let us in the comments section below.