We had a chat with Abhinav Kapoor, an experienced artist who has been a part of the acting fraternity for 17 years. He is known for his charming looks & versatile acting. Take a look at what he has to say:
1. You’ve been on the screen since the young age of 15, and have starred in various shows from Kasautii Zindagii Kay to Dil Hi Toh Hai. Which character did you enjoy playing the most and why?
I think I enjoyed portraying Shravan in Kasautii the most. It was my first character & firsts are always special.
2. How hard was it for you to break into the telly industry? Tell us about how your journey as an actor first started.
It wasn’t that difficult to be honest. My journey first started by acting in theater and plays from the mere age of 15 years. It has enhanced my basics to a great level.
3. We hear you’ve dabbled in theater throughout your school and college life. Do you enjoy acting in plays more or being on the screen?
I enjoy both equally. Basically I live acting, and hence I love both.
4.You underwent a huge physical transformation to play the character of Aman Rastogi in Dil Hi Toh Hai, which is quite impressive. When did you start getting serious about fitness, and what does your fitness regime look like?
I started getting serious about fitness when I started believing that being strong and fit makes me confident about myself as an individual. My regime includes 1 hour of weight training & 30 minutes of cardio everyday.
5. What was your experience like as an actor working in Ekjute with Nadira Babbar?
It was an amazing experience working with her. I am extremely grateful to have learnt a lot from her as an actor.
6. You’ve spoken out about how you dealt with depression for 2 years. What is your advice to people who are struggling with their mental health?
I would advice people to seek medical help if they are experiencing anxiety or depression of any sort.
7. What hobbies do you engage in apart from travel and fitness?
Cycling and playing football are two hobbies I like engaging in.
8. Name an unforgettable place that you’ve visited.
La Paz in Spain is one of the most unforgettable and beautiful destinations I have visited.
9. And finally, what are your career goals for the foreseeable future?
I aim at working to the best of my ability and would like to continue improving my skills as an actor.