Randeep Hooda turns a year older today. He has essayed diverse characters in his 11 year long-career.
He received several awards for his acting performances.
Some of his best films are Sarbjit, Kick, Highway, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster, Heroine and many more.
He recently did his hollywood debut with Extraction, opposite Chris Hemsworth.
He will be seen next in Radhe which is slated to release during Eid reportedly.
Today on his special days lets have a look at some of the lesser known facts about the star.
- He had a lonely childhood, as his parents used to work in the Middle East. They left him with his maternal grandmother in a strict environment.
- Since his school days, he was interested in acting and was also active in theatre.
- His parents wanted him to become a doctor and forcefully sent him to DPS.
- He became very mischievous and naughty and got indulged into every bad habit like smoking, drinking, dating, bunking classes, etc. He was addressed as “Randeep Don Hooda” at his school farewell.
- He went to Austraila for his higher studies. He got failed in the first year of his graduation. Later, he completed his bachelors and masters from Melbourne.
- He was a victim of constant bullying in his school hostel, but with his exposure to abroad. He developed a huge amount of confidence, which helped him grow as a person and as an actor.
- Randeep did various odd jobs like working in a Chinese restaurant. Worked as a waiter, car washing, dishwashing, taxi driver, becoming a beach lifeguard, and many such jobs.
- After returning to India, he worked in the marketing sector in Delhi. But in a short span of time, he quit that job and moved to Mumbai.
- During his initial struggle days in Mumbai. He did various modelling assignments till he got the opportunity of his debut film- Monsoon Wedding.
- After his debut, he started getting many offersz But he refused them all because of the promise Ram Gopal Verma made to him to launch him in his Bollywood flick “Ek” in the lead role. To ensure this commitment, Ram used to pay Randeep 35,000/month for three years. But unfortunately, the film got shelved later.
He joined Nasseruddin Shah’s theatre troupe named “Motley” during his three years gap. That was the time when his love for horses developed and he started horse-riding.
- He gave a small yet impactful performance in the movie “Once Upon A Time In Mumbai”. This was alongside Ajay Devgan and Emraan Hashmi, which rose him to prominence in the film industry.
We at UrbanAsian wishes Randeep Hooda a very happy Birthday.