Imagine binging on your favourite laddoos without having to worry about excess sugar or gluten intake.
If you are already curious, we are talking about healthy poha laddoos that Shilpa Shetty recently gave us the recipe for.
1½ cup – Poha
½ cup – Desiccated coconut
5 tbsp – Ghee (clarified butter)
½ cup – Jaggery
1 tsp – Cardamom powder
2½ tsp – Almond meal or almond powder
1½ tsp – Flaxseed powder
½ cup – Almonds roasted and coarsely grounded (for garnish)
Roast poha in a pan over medium flame until it turns slightly brown. Keep it aside.
* Roast the dessicated coconut in a pan and keep it aside.
* In a mixer, add roasted poha and blend until it turns into a powder.
* To this, add the desiccated coconut, ghee, jaggery, and cardamom powder, and blend again.
* Transfer the mixture to a big bowl.
* Add almond meal or powder, flaxseed powder, raisins and ghee to the mixture. Mix well to make it look like dough.
* Take out a portion of the mixture and roll it with your hands to make a ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
* Dip the laddoos into the roasted almond mixture for garnishing. Poha laddoos are ready.