Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel introduces the MCU’s first stand-alone, female-franchise title character — Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel.
Here are some interesting facts you didn’t know about Captain Marvel: THE MOST POWERFUL SUPERHERO!
- Captain Marvel features the first stand-alone, female-franchise, title character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Anna Boden, who directs Captain Marvel with her longtime directing partner Ryan Fleck, is the first female director in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- According to the president of Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige, she will be the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Carol Danvers has the maximum number of powers and abilities. Before she gained her superpowers, she was already an ace pilot and was an impressive military officer. Her combat skills and piloting abilities were only enhanced by her superpowers, which included super strength and flight, along with the ability to reach a velocity exceeding the speed of sound. Additionally, Danvers has psychic powers and impressive energy absorption/projection abilities, skills that enhance her strength and durability while allowing her to create powerful energy blasts.
- Brie Larson took training for the role of Captain Marvel very seriously. For five days a week she did two to four hours of training, which was a combination of boxing, kick-boxing, Judo, wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu. The actress also worked her way to lifting over 225 pounds in deadlifts, 400-pound hip thrusts and even pulling a jeep down the road—a tremendous achievement for an actress who had never done much strength training!
- Brie Larson, who plays Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel visited Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas for some once-in-a-lifetime training and experiences in an F-16 fighter jet.
- Brie Larson was also able to meet and spend time with Brigadier General Jeannie Marie Leavitt, who became the United States Air Force’s first female fighter pilot in 1993 and was the first woman to command a USAF combat fighter wing.
The film is based on the Marvel Comics character Carol Danvers. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, it is written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. Captain Marvel is all set to blow your mind on March 8, 2019, in IMAX and 3D.
Please follow and like us: