Eid al-Fitr is almost here and Muslims around the world are geared up to celebrate the day with utmost enthusiasm. One of the most important festivals in the Muslim community, it marks the end of the Holy month of Ramadan.
However, the date of the celebration varies every year, from place to place. This is because the date is decided on when the new moon is sighted by local religious authorities. This year, Ramzan Eid in India will begin in the evening of May 13, 2021, and end on the evening of May 14, 2021.
Today, let’s have a look at the best 5 recipes that one can enjoy making this Eid:
1. Rose Sherbet:
The very thought of Eid reminds us of rose sherbet. Its flavourful, refreshing and sets the tone for the meal.
How to Make Rose Sherbat:
- Add flavour and rose petals in sugar syrup and mix well.
- 2.Now add rose essence and milk. The gulab sharbat is ready.
- 3.To serve, fill 1/4 Cup (our 1 cup is 240 ml) of sherbat syrup in a glass. ·
- 4.Fill the rest of the glass with cold water. Mix well and serve. You can also add a bit of lemon juice to make it a little tangy.
Key Ingredients: sugar syrup, rose flavour and petal, rose essence, milk.
2. Chapli Kebab:
We generally associate kebab with a tiresome, time-taking recipe. We do not completely disagree to it, but here we have a recipe that can help you prepare succulent kebabs in less than 30 minutes. For chapli kebab, all you need to do is, mix minced meat with spices and other ingredients and shallow fry. It is indeed as simple as it sounds.
How to Make Peshawari Chapli Kebab:
- Prepare a mince using mutton, salt & pepper.
- Mix together chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander seeds and minced meat.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Make kebab patties with the meat mixture and keep aside.
- Heat a fry-pan/grill and add oil and place the kebab patties on the pan/grill. Cook both sides for 2-3 minutes until brown.
- Add sliced tomatoes on the second side of patty while frying. It gives tinge of sourness to the kebabs.
- Serve with raita or a naan.
Key Ingredients: mutton (with fat), onions, tomatoes (peeled and deseeded), Tomato slices, Black pepper, coriander seeds, salt, cooking oil.
3. Railway Mutton Curry:
Eid feast is just not complete without a bowl of spicy mutton curry. Don’t you agree? Hence, we found this Railway mutton curry recipe that you can prepare in less than an hour. It is basically juicy, succulent mutton, blended with aromatic spices and yogurt and garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves. It tastes the best when served with pulao or steamed rice.
How to Make Railway Mutton Curry:
- Add oil to a pan and roast the ginger garlic paste with all dry spices and onions.
- Add plain yogurt to the pan and fry till onions turn brown.
- Add freshly cut tomatoes and cook items till they release their Rogan (the slight oil with water).
- Add the mutton to the pan.
- Throw in a splash of water and cook until tender.
- Top up with coriander leaves and cover with a lid to infuse the coriander aroma in your Railways mutton curry.
- Enjoy with freshly steamed Rice.
Key Ingredients: Mutton, Tomato, Onion, Yogurt (plain), Refine oil, Whole cumin, Bay leaf, Cardamom seeds, Cinnamon, Black cardamom, Black pepper, Salt, Magic spice (blend of all spices), Green chillies, Turmeric, Ginger and garlic paste, Coriander leaf.
4. Kashmiri Pulao:
The ones who prefer avoiding the fuss of preparing biryani can always go for Kashmiri Pulao as a flavourful alternative. Aromatic rice, blended with ghee, dry fruits, rose petals and a pool of spices – this dish is just irresistible.
How to Make Kashmiri Pulao:
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, salt.
- Drain rice, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms, cloves.
- When they splutter add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk mixture and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer till cooked.
- Mix in dried fruit very gently.
- Serve hot, garnished with rose petals.
5. Sheer Khurma:
Sheer Khurma is probably a constant on every dinner table during Meethi Eid. A Persian word that literally means milk and dates, sheer khurma is a traditional delicacy prepared with vermicelli, milk and loads of dried fruits and nuts.
How to Make Sheer Khurma:
- Take a pan and pour ghee in it.
- Add almonds, raisins and pistachios to it. Saute well.
- Now in another hot pan with ghee, add vermicelli. Roast well.
- In another wide pan simmer the milk till it thickens, add sugar and simmer again.
- Add the roasted vermicelli and dry fruits along with dates and saffron.
- Mix well till simmer. Add cardamom powder. Bring to simmer.
- Serve chilled, garnished with dates.
Key Ingredients: Milk, Vermicelli (broken into small pieces), Sugar, Dates, Raisins, Almonds (cut into pieces), Pistachios, Ghee, Saffron, Cardamom powder.
What are you waiting for? Get hold of the necessary ingredients and make Eid 2021 a grand affair, while staying at home. Eid Mubarak, everyone.