What a glamorous evening at the Oscars! I have to admit, I was definitely impressed by many gowns on the red carpet compared to the Grammys. Big pat on the back to the celebrity stylists out there, you all did a great job. But of course there are always those moments when you see your favorite celebrity in a terrible outfit and question what the hell their stylist was thinking!
Also HUGE shout out to Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy, a Pakistani director, for winning an Oscar for the documentary “Saving Face” about acid attack victims. This is one huge step for Pakistan! And kudos to Sharmeen for wearing a Bunto Kazmi Pakistani outfit.
Trend Alert: Shades of white and beige took over the red carpet as well as strapless and one shoulder gowns!
1. Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford. When does she NOT look fabulous is the question? This look is so simple yet she still looks radiant.
2. Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab looking like old Hollywood glamour. Everything about this look was perfect- the jewelry, hair, and makeup. Loving the red lips!
3. Cameron Diaz in Gucci. She can make any gown look effortless and sexy at the same time.
4. Louise Rose. there’s something about this gown that I’m totally in love with. I would have never pictured this as a red carpet moment but she pulled it off SO well!
5. Guliana Rancic. This gown is all sorts of fabulous! Love the stone detail and leaf life sleeves. Wish her hair was done differently, but otherwise she looks great!
6. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton. Very few can pull off a dress this color and style but it suited her so well!
7. Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace. She looks so fierce! Work it girl
1. Natalie Portman. I hate to do this to you, but why? So heartbreaking to put her under this category!
2. Stacy Keibler. If you want to stand next to George Clooney, don’t wear that dress. Not sure why that flower is coming out of her hip. Pretty sure George doesn’t think its sexy either.
3. Viola Davis. I refuse to believe this is a Vera Wang gown. The color is so wrong! She looks like a mermaid, not in a good way.
4. Penelope Cruz. Totally didn’t see this one coming. Why is she dressed like Cinderella?
5. Sandra Bullock. Is this supposed to be a gown? I’m still trying to figure this one out.
6. Missi Pyle. This is not the prom.
(Photos via Zimbio.com)