Buckwheat, having the word wheat in it, has been mistaken by many to be a form of grain. Fortunately, although buckwheat looks similar to wheat, it happens to be a fruit seed. Anyone allergic to wheat, gluten, or other grains can use Buckwheat as a substitute.
- High in fiber
- High in Magnesium
- Anti- cancer
- Prevents Gall stones
RAW BUCKWHEAT GRANOLA RECIPE
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 2-3 cups raw Buckwheat
- 1/2 cup Carob nibs
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 cup Cranberries
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
WHAT DO YOU DO?
- Soak the Buckwheat and sunflower seeds for 24 hours in a glass jar filled with clean/filtered water.
- Rinse them 2-3 times a day and make sure the glutinous liquid is rinsed out thoroughly.
- Once you see tiny heads popping out (sprouted), then rinse them out and add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Put the mixed ingredients on a parchment paper neatly, and place it in a dehydrator for 8-10 hours at 135F.If you do not have a dehydrator, then place it in an oven at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Once they are dry and crisp store them in an air-tight glass jar.
There is always a choice, make your grain choice today.